1) In your math notebook, write the date.
2) Next to the date, title your notes:
Whole Group/Small Group Norms
3) List a couple items you should bring to math class each day.
* When you are finished, sit quietly in your seat until everyone is ready.
- I can discuss what productive group work is and what it looks like.
Whole Group/Small Group Work
- This will generally be about 10 minutes, but today it will last a little longer in order to model what productive group work looks like.
- Most of the time you can pick your groups, but depends on class behavior.
- Today we are going to practice and discuss what productive group work looks like.
- This applies to this section of class and also when you are working in the different rotations.
- What are some characteristics of effect groups?
- Next class we will model a learning rotation.
- It's NOT GRADED
- The purpose is for us to know what you already know and understand so that we don't waste your time teaching you stuff you already know.
- This could also be one way we decide groups for the learning rotations next week.
- Use PENCIL only
- Give your best effort - show any work that you feel is necessary
- When you are finished, hand it in to the back table
- You will get a text book that is YOUR responsibility
- Do not leave it in the room, in the hall, or any other places at school
When you get your text book, do the following things...
- Write your name in the front cover
- Write your text book number in the front cover of your math notebook
- If you have extra paper sacks at home, please consider donating them to 8th grade math