1) Where is the decimal in the numbers below?
12 230 45,000 5,000,000
2) Multiply the number below by 10, 100 and 1000. What do you notice about how the decimal?
3.14 x 10 =
3.14 x 100 =
3.14 x 1000 =
WHERE WE WERE:
- Properties of Exponents
- Multiplication Properties
- Division Properties
- Zero and Negative Properties
WHERE WE ARE:
- I can use scientific notation to compare very large and very small numbers
WHERE WE ARE GOING:
- Multiplying and Dividing in Scientific Notation
- Homework Calendar
- What is the purpose of scientific notation?
- What does scientific notation look like?
- Where do exponent fit in scientific notation?
- New Groups!
- Work quietly at your group
- Finish ALL activities
- Front Row - we will be checking time spent and questions answered this week.
pg. 446 (#3-5)